I offer a range of creative workshops for Secondary Schools. These are all tailored towards for the 4 main GCSE art assessment objectives of:
- Developing ideas,
- Using resources, media and materials,
- Recording ideas and observations and
- Making a personal, informed, and meaningful response
I work with the class using a personal presentation of my background as an artist as well as including the works of other current contemporary artists. This workshop aims to inspire self confidence in their work and give them the skills to take risks in their use of materials. It will give them practical techniques for how to approach making a visual diary and research ideas for other artists for their coursework.
Curriculum writing for NCS
I wrote the Art Curriculum for National Citizen Service (NCS) with The Challenge. This is a national programme for 15 – 17 year old school leavers. The Art team is now available as a choice for young people on NCS to develop their creative skills and learn to deliver art workshops to local community groups. I also provide full training for NCS seasonal staff and art practitioners to deliver this curriculum on the ground.
Arts Award Adviser
I am Bronze/Silver accredited as an Arts Award adviser to help the arts award accredited delivery at your school or organisation.
With this I can:
- Plan, develop and evaluate opportunities for young people to engage in relevant arts activities and experiences.
- Support young people to record and evidence their activities, experiences, responses and reflections in a range of formats appropriate to them and the level they are working at.
- Formally assess young people’s progress and offer feedback demonstrated by showing an understanding of the Arts Award assessment criteria and evidence requirements.
- Make assessment decisions on achievement of Arts Award against the outlined criteria before it is moderated by Trinity College London.
- Use feedback provided by the moderation process to inform future Arts Award delivery.